Monday, April 25, 2011

'Totes the best hun-cal fro-yo.

I don't know about you all, but I love sketch comedy. I love stand-up comedians and silly YouTube videos. This video, part of a series where the gender roles of the characters are hilariously reversed, particularly makes me laugh:

While it's certainly amusing to watch men parody female stereotypes, this sketch also says a lot about the way many women view eating. Even if not classified as "eating disordered," a lot of women worry about what they eat, how much they eat, and how they look in comparison to their friends. Notice that none of them want to eat alone - they all want to share something so that they are all partaking in the same weight gain caloric intake. They even ask about the others' eating history to make sure they haven't eaten more than their besties. All while watching a show about extreme weight loss, "The Biggest Loser."

Aside from that serious social message I just rambled on about, I think my favorite line has to be "How does she feel, and what is she thinking about how she feels?"
Or maybe "We're besties with testes." Hahaha.

Anyway. Today, I ate like a normal person. Well, not really like a normal person, since a normal person would not hate herself after every bite she swallowed. But, my intake was somewhere around that of a normal person (~1,500 calories, GROSS). I did run 3.25 miles, and hopefully my hardly eating anything yesterday will offset today somewhat.

I'll just keep running, running, running 'til I get where I want to be.

xoxo Cara

Abs like these? Yes, please!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! What great thinspo, I'm soooo jealous!!!
    And even though you ate bunch I feel like that running you did probably offset it! Hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "OMG hun-cal???"
    That whole video made me laugh so hard.
    "I love you...I saud I love you...tell me you love me...ok I love you too."
    Lol soooooo funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahah that video made my night! I LOVED THE END! Besties with Testes! =]

    ReplyDelete