Monday, April 11, 2011

Greetings, Bloggers!

Hey y'all.

Confession:  I have a problem with food.

Since I was 14 years old, I have been restricting food on and off (mostly, on).  Right now, I am on a restricting kick.  I started off about a month ago eating 1,200 calories a day with exercise, a legitimately healthy diet and exercise routine.  Unfortunately, (or fortunately, since I do want to be thinner!) counting calories triggered me into restricting more, again.

For the past week, I have eaten ≤600 calories per day, and I have tried to exercise for 30-60 minutes a day. I thought I could do it on my own.  Today, however, I broke down, and over-ate.  After reading a lot of your blogs, I was inspired by your weight loss struggles and successes.  I can only hope you will also accept me into your weight loss community - I know now that I really need people to keep me in check as I attempt to lose this weight!  I need an anonymous community, because I know my friends and family would just worry about my behavior.

It's hard for me to say what my lowest weight at this height (I'm just a hair over 5'6") was, because I was super skinny without trying in middle school - like, 92 pounds skinny.  Since I've started restricting, my lowest weight was 106 pounds while in high school, and 114.8 pounds while in college (last September, actually!).  I'm graduating from college in about a month, and I would like to weigh ≤110 pounds by then.  I'm not sure how much I weigh right now, since I'm afraid if I weigh myself I will become discouraged, but I'm pretty sure I'm somewhere between 120-125 pounds (my highest is 126).

So, I guess I'm just asking - will you all help me as I post about my eating and weight loss journey?  I hope that I can support you, as well!

xoxo Cara

My ultimate thinspiration :)

2 comments:

  1. I'll offer all the support I can! Thank you for following my blog as well. :)

    Good luck on this new beginning! Stay lovely <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Welcome aboard, beautiful! I've found blogger is the best therapy I've ever had. I use to feel like I could spill my secret at any second, it drove me mad for so long. Blogging is such a great way to relieve that stress. <3

    Best of luck and I will certainly be following you too!

    ReplyDelete